What do you know about Carbon Monoxide? Do you know that Carbon Monoxide is a silent killer, it doesn’t make a sound, it doesn’t make a smell, it just slowly kills.
Yes there are tell tale signs that carbon monoxide may be leaking into your home, but by the time you see these signs, carbon monoxide may already be making you feel unwell or worse. I was told by our gas engineer that all too frequently he found older customers would say “I like the gas fire as I fall asleep in front of it..” and then he’d have to explain that actually their gas fires were slowly killing them as they were unsafe. It’s not just gas fires that can cause carbon monoxide problems though, it’s ANY gas appliance or boiler and the real tragedy is that if we all had regular gas services done, we could radically reduce deaths from Carbon Monoxide. As a family, we have an annual gas service, and I have a carbon monoxide monitor, we also have a carbon monoxide monitor which we take on holidays with us, as I like the peace of mind having it with us gives me. Gas experts Corgi, have written a post explaining more about the importance of getting your gas appliances serviced and installing a carbon monoxide monitor. They’ve also kindly agreed to let me give away ONE carbon monoxide monitor (RRP £40) to a reader who enters the competition below!
Post in association with Corgi.