It is nearly time for the Olympics, the first time they have been hosted in this country since 1948. I have been tagged in an Olympic meme by the lovely Ali from Dragons and Fairy Dust
“Here’s how to join in… simply write your own blog post answering the Olympic questions below and then tag other bloggers to join in and share their answers. Don’t forget to share the love with links to the lovely bloggers you are tagging and back to me if you are feeling generous!”
So here we go
1) If every day tasks were Olympic events what would you get a gold medal in?
Nappy changing, I appear to be able to change a nappy with one hand while playing knights and castles with the other, quite a skill I feel?
2) As a child (or now even) did you excel at a particular sport and if so which one?
Not really, I was at ballet school for a number of years and then took up sailing. Sailing, arguably I was quite good at!
3) Michael Phelps (swimmer) or Michael Johnson (runner) – which sport appeals to you more?
Hmm, swimming as I have no speed when running. I lack style when swimming but seem to be relatively quick in the water!
4) How fast can you get out of bed and ready to go out the door if you miss the alarm and sleep in?
I would guess about 10 minutes?? If I have the boys then this time extends to about 20 and then we get out and I discover one of them has no shoes on – or similar!
5) What fantasy sport would you like to see made into an Olympic event?
Pogo stick racing..hahah!
6) Claim to fame time – Have you ever met an Olympian and who was it?
I’ve met a couple! I shall name you two the first one I met was the very inspiring Shirley Robertson (Gold Medallist – Sailing) and of course my lovely friend Pippa Wilson (Gold Medallist sailing)
7) What event in past Olympics can you remember most vividly?
Gymnastics in about 1992, I had a vague desire to be able to somersault and spent the entire summer trying to learn..i never could and still can’t.
8) Tuning in at home, not for me or tickets clamped ready in sweaty palms?
I’ll be watching at home, I’d love to go but didn’t get tickets the first time round and now money is reassigned to pay for things like car repairs! For the events I want to watch, i think I’ll enjoy it more watching on the tv anyway as I’ll be able to see it all!
9) Who do you think most deserves a gold medal (any walk of life not just Olympians)
Ok that is a really hard question, there are so many people I can think of in the world who deserve a medal for being totally amazing, so I can’t really answer!